Plans for Life Fest 2010, and especially the gala event Friday night, GIST 2010: A Decade of Difference, are moving quite rapidly here. Below are a few additions to the weekend.
• Humanitarian of the Decade: The last ten years of GIST progress would not have been
possible without Dr. Dan Vasella and Dr. George Demetri, two extraordinary men whose contributions to GIST have saved countless lives.
• GIST Hall of Fame: GIST champions from the scientific, medical, pharmaceutical and patient communities will be honored for their contributions.
• 10 Year Commemorative Program: Profiles of the honorees and a history of GIST scientific and medical advancements including profiles of those fighting
GIST on the front lines.
• GIST: Personally Speaking – A video documentary featuring scientists, clinicians and patients—their GIST journeys in their own words.
• Volunteer of the Year: The LRG recognizes one volunteer for outstanding service.
• The Beacon of Hope Award: Honoring innovation in GIST drug development.
• The GIST Clinician of the Year award will be presented to a physician or nurse who demonstrates a level of skill and dedication in caring for GIST patients that exceeds expectation.
GIST patients & caregivers will have an opportunity to submit a nomination form for their doctor. A panel of GISTers will the review all the nominees and choose a winner. The award will be presented in person at Life Fest 2010. The person who submits the winning entry will present the award to their clinician in person and will also receive: round-trip airfare (up to $500), a complimentary stay at the Grand Hyatt and free registration to Life Fest 2010. Emails will be sent out soon with nominations forms but you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request one.