Help us bring awareness and education about GIST to the world by celebrating GIST Awareness Day on July 13th!
We are excited about the options for celebrating this year!
Activities will be taking place worldwide. There are a number of ways you can join in the fun.
- Attend our scheduled events on July 13th www.liferaftgroup.org/events
- Learn how to become a “Patient-Powered H.E.R.O” to help expedite research outcomes.
- Hold a GAD event and decorate super hero capes and masks. Arrange to display the finished capes ina local school, museum or medical institution.
- Go viral! Post pictures on social media wearing your cape and mask with a post about the importance of expediting research. Use the hashtag, #Hero4Cancer.
- Hold a fundraiser to send “Tommy Tissue” to Stanford
- If you are not a member, join the LRG Patient Registry. Sharing data is vital to research.
- Donate your tissue to the GIST Collaborative Tissue Bank. Learn how by going to www.liferaftgroup.org/join-our-tissue-bank
- Spread the word. Offer to speak to another cancer support group about “Patient Power.”
- Share your story. Submit your story to local newspaper. Get the word out!
- On July 13, join the LRG webcast and learn more about becoming an empowered patient.
- Distribute information about GIST and the importance of tissue donation and data sharing to local doctors.
- Hold an advocacy event. Host a letter writing party. Send letters to your local and national legislators about the importance of supporting funding for cancer research.
How Will You Celebrate?
Send your ideas to Laura Occhiuzzi at email@example.com