The Life Raft Group is a dynamic support organization that directs research to find a cure for a rare cancer and helps those affected through support and advocacy until we do. We are seeking a person who has a passion for our mission plus a variety of skill sets.
This is a permanent, part-time position (20-24 hours/week). Pay scale is $15/hour
Professional Level: Entry level; 1-2 years of relevant job experience
Roles and responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following: This position involves assisting with our patient registry, a database for patients with a rare form of cancer. It requires significant interaction with patients and caregivers, both over the phone and via e-mail. The successful applicant should be able to collect and manage large amounts of data, have an intuitive ability to see any inconsistencies, and employ a proactive approach to resolving them. This role will allow you to gain new skills and invaluable knowledge within rare cancer database management which will be of benefit in your longer career.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in data collection, entry and processes.
- Working knowledge of medical terminologies, human anatomy and biology
- Can relate to patients with life-threatening and sometimes terminal cancers in a compassionate manner
- Can elicit, analyze and accurately document medical histories and treatments
- Comfortable with scientific concepts
- Systematic, meticulous, and detail-oriented
- Analytical mindset
- Intuitive ability to see patterns and inconsistencies in data
- Ability to work within a team environment and manage competing priorities in a changeable environment
- Effective communication, time management and interpersonal skills required
Location: Our office is located in Wayne, NJ. We are a unique organization that values dedication, hard work and a sense of humor. We provide a pleasant, rewarding and challenging work environment.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Matthew Mattioli at email@example.com.