GDOL Tennessee is happening on April 28th, 2023 VIRTUAL
Presenters: Elizabeth Davis, MD; Vicki Keedy, MD, MSCI; Justin Cates, MD, Ph.D.; Carlos Prieto-Granada, MD; Deepa Magge, MD; Sekhar Padmanabhan; Erin Taylor, MS, RD, CNSC; and Carey Tomlinson, PT
• GIST 101
• Importance of pathology review, molecular testing, and risk stratification
• Medical and surgical approaches to treatment
• Management of treatment side effects
• Importance of nutrition and physical activity during treatment
• Future directions for GIST therapy
What is a GDOL?
A GDOL is a GIST Day of Learning. This is a free one day event to help patients and caregivers learn more about this rare cancer, find support, and enhance their knowledge base to help them navigate their cancer journey.
The mission of the Life Raft Group is to enhance survival and quality of life for people living with GIST through patient-powered research, education and empowerment, and global advocacy efforts. The LRG vision is to champion patient-powered science and drastically increase long-term survivorship for all cancer patients. To accomplish this, we rely on four key pillars:
– Leverage the patient perspective to drive innovative solutions in cancer research
– Educate and empower patients to take a larger role in their care
– Accelerate research outcomes through collaborative efforts
– Increase access to effective treatments worldwide