As a nonprofit, we thrive because of the generosity of our community. One way to contribute is by volunteering your time. Our volunteers can be anyone from artists, professionals, students to retirees, or anyone who assists in projects like advocacy, fundraising, community relations, events, patient support and administration.
Depending on your proximity to our office and events, you will also be invited to attend special events and local group meetings with members and staff. Additionally, we offer internships for college credit for applicable institutions. Interns dedicate eight to 20 hours of their time a week for a minimum of three months.
Volunteer Application Process
- Fill out application form and we will contact you for a phone interview once the application is reviewed.
Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We sometimes cannot place a prospective volunteer right away, even if s/he is a great candidate. Because of this, we keep applications on file for six months in case a volunteer position becomes available. Please contact us if your schedule changes. If you have any questions, please call The Life Raft Group at 973-837-9092, ext. 102, or email email@example.com.
Thanks so much for your interest in The Life Raft Group!
We couldn’t do what we do here without our wonderful volunteer community.
Fill out our online volunteer application here today!
Types of Volunteers
- The volunteer should be proficient in both writing and in analyzing scientific information and translating it into content that can be easily understood by readers, both scientific professionals and the general public. Superior understanding of terminology and formatting of scientific publications is desired. A genuine sense of curiosity and love of research is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or communications is required. Coursework in science
or experience working in a scientific or medical field is preferred.
WordPress Web Expert
- The volunteer should be proficient in creating posts, pages, and events in WordPress and have a working knowledge of website publishing requirements, including working with images in Photoshop.
- Graphic design and/or web development background is preferred.
We have a continuing need for:
- Work to communicate the needs and situation of the GIST community to elected officials and policymakers on the local, state and national levels.
- Write campaign letters, make in-office visits, compile educational materials and lobby issues on the national level.
- No experience necessary – just a passion to effect change and advocate for those with this GIST and their caregivers. Training will be provided to all interested.
- Check out our Fundraising Page.
- If you have a great fundraising idea already, contact Diana Nieves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diana can help you plan and market an event, provide awareness giveaways, and write invitations.
The LRG is here to help you run any fundraiser – large or small.
- People with access and knowledge who are actively promoting themselves and the LRG to local media, radio, local TV and newspaper for exposure
- Survivor stories as local media highlights
- Website/content reviewers
- Writers and/or editors
- Photographers and/or videographers
- Become an LRG GIST Peer
- Address specific member issues on Listserv, etc.
- Act as a Medicare researcher
Social Media (Digital Spokesperson)
- Promote the work that LRG is doing on social media
- Actively participate in LRG campaigns through social media
- Share relevant information found on social media with the LRG communication team