Increased tearing, or epiphoria, can be a side effect of your GIST treatment. There are a number of strategies to cope with increased tearing. Keep reading for more information.
Here are a few strategies to try and reduce increased tearing:
- Tearing can commonly be caused by allergens in the air. Using an air filter may alleviate tearing by removing allergens from the air.
- Vacuum more often to reduce the amount of pet dander and dust in your house.
- Use a warm compress to help drain your eye ducts.
- Ask your physician to prescribe a water pill, a pill which helps your body get rid of excess water it is retaining.
- Excessive tearing can also be a result of an infection of the eye or sinus, so make sure to discuss your symptoms with the doctor.