2020 Brought a Global Health Crisis That Has Challenged GIST Patients
We had planned this year to be in New Orleans to share valuable information about GIST Research, to enjoy fellowship with each other, and yes, to enjoy the wonderful food and music. We have rescheduled our in-person celebration for July 23-July 25, 2021. See our events page for details. Even though we weren’t together physically for our biennial Life Fest celebration and we won’t be together for GIST Awareness Day, we can unite and spread a message of hope and positive messages while raising GIST awareness across the globe. Our theme for Virtual Life Fest 2020 was #GISTHope. Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, all of our renowned experts, and attendees, we had a wonderful virtual weekend!
Our theme for Virtual Life Fest and GIST Awareness Day 2020 was #GISTHope.
Please continue to share this message through out 2020. There are many ways for you to share:
- Participate in our Virtual Walks throughout the year or an in-person the walk such as Verona, NJ on Saturday, September 26. Start a fundraising page to invite family and friends to sponsor you in your efforts to raise funds for #GISTresearch.
- Visit our LRG store to purchase items such as our #GISTHope Masks to wear on your walk or our GISTCook Cookbook, filled with recipes from patients, caregivers, and LRG staffers/
- Make a donation. Any amount help!
- Go to our GIST Awareness Day (GAD) page to see more ideas about how to raise awareness, including our creative #GISTHope rock painting project.
- Send your stories, photos and messages of hope to Mary Garland, Director of Communications: email@example.com. We love to publish stories about your journey to share with the community.