As we enter the holiday season, and our thoughts turn to the new year to come, we made a list of our holiday wishes.
– That no patient dies because they didn’t receive the correct diagnosis or effective treatment.
– To close the lethal time gap between breakthroughs in research and treatments and the ability to access them.
– To find effective treatments for the rare subsets of GIST, especially for pediatric patients.
– To make genomic testing the standard of care for all GIST patients early in their treatment journey.
– To continue providing education for patients and caregivers through our website, webinars, and GIST Days of Learning.
– To continue providing support for patients and caregivers through our GIST Mentor programs, support groups, and our biennial Life Fest.
– To work with collaborators such as our Pediatric & SDH-Deficient GIST Consortium and LRG Global Surveillance Team, supporting research initiatives.
– To find a cure.
Help us make these holiday wishes come true! It won’t happen by waving a wand or rubbing a bottle to summon a genie but by the generous donations from people like you. You can donate today or create a crowdfunding page of your own to support the LRG – use the button below for both options.