On November 3, 2011, the twelfth Edi film prize for the best advertising, industrial and corporate films was awarded in the Schiffbauhalle in Zurich. Our film, “Life with GIST” won a Silver Edi in the “Corporate: Internal Communication & Training” section.
The aim of this film was to introduce GIST and the exemplary treatment successes to the public at large. The documentary shows the route from correct diagnosis to treatment and dealing with this cancer, with the aid of case histories. It examines the worldwide networking of patients and physicians, and the collaboration between different medical disciplines and research. The focus of all these endeavors is the patient. Three patients talked about their experiences, their lives and their cancer histories, and provided audiences with room for hope.
About the Edi
Edi is the official prize for Swiss quality films
Edi is the Swiss prize awarded to advertising, industrial and corporate films. The competition is operated under the patronage of the Swiss Federal Department of Home Affairs and organized and executed by the SWISSFILM ASSOCIATION.
The industry association for Swiss contract film productions aims to use the Edi to publicize and honor outstanding Swiss productions. The award stands for high quality in film production. It achieves an artistic entity that serves the imparted content well, and carries the instruction of the client at a high conceptual and filmic level of production quality.
A winning film must demonstrate absolute top-level performance in every film discipline.*
- Overall impression: The work is assessed as an entity
- Concept/Script/Idea: These are evaluated within the context of the communication task
- Direction (and/or creative direction): Here, the evaluation rests upon the performance of the direction, the dramatic execution of the story, guidance of the actors and the use of image and sound
- Camera: Assessing the photographic quality, comprising design, lighting and dramatic composition
- Production Design: Assessing the styling, make-up, scenery and design
- Editing (and/or technical execution): Assessing the quality of the editing and the montage, as well as the dramatic composition of image and sound Post-production visual effects: Assessing visual effects such as 2D- and 3D-animations, compositing, graphics and title
- Post-production music & sound design: Assessing the music and sound design, the quality of composition, the use of sounds and effects and the interplay between them
*Information taken from the www.edinet.ch website